Every day is a good day for cake, right? Why not surprise someone special with this cute, miniature cake shaped box with matching card which can be displayed all year round? Perfect for any occasion gift giving – birthdays, weddings or simply just "because".
SVG Collections Used
- AC Cardstock
- Designer Cardstock
- Embossing folders
- Embossing machine
- Scotch quick-dry glue
- Heat glue gun
|Poplar Street Tulips SVG Kit (Pedestal)|
|legs.svg||11.270"W x 9.165"H||Beige|
|top.svg||11.270"W x 9.165"H||Pink Pattern Paper|
|doily_bottom.svg||4.985"W x 5.060"H||Pattern Paper|
|accents.svg||11.270"W x 6.290"H||Chevron Pattern|
|Happy Birthday to You SVG Kit (Cake)|
|top_box_bottom.svg||9.260"W x 5.810"H||Beige|
|top_box_lid.svg||9.260"W x 5.810"H||Beige|
|middle_box_bottom.svg||8.400"W x 8.305"H||Beige|
|middle_box_lid.svg||8.400"W x 8.305"H||Beige|
|bottom_box_bottom1.svg||7.600"W x 4.275"H||Beige|
|bottom_box_bottom2.svg||7.600"W x 4.275"H||Beige|
|bottom_box_bottom3.svg||7.600"W x 4.275"H||Beige|
|bottom_box_lid1.svg||7.600"W x 4.275"H||Beige|
|bottom_box_lid2.svg||7.600"W x 4.275"H||Beige|
|Crush on You Boxes SVG Kit (Roses)|
|rose.svg||5.525"W x 4.245 inch cut 2||Pink Pattern Paper|
|rose.svg||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 2||Pink Pattern Paper|
|rose.svg||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 4||Yellow|
|rose.svg||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 4||Light Blue|
|rose.svg (spiral only)||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 2||Pink Pattern Paper|
|rose.svg (spiral only)||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 2||Yellow|
|rose.svg (spiral only)||3.715"W x 2.855" H cut 2||Light Blue|
|3D Flowers SVG Kit (Marigold)|
|leaves.svg||1.340"W x 2.315"W||Turquoise Polka Dot Pattern|
|Breezy Backyard Lever Cards SVG Kit (Pinwheel Laugh Card)|
|inside.svg||10.000"W x 7.000"H||Turquoise Polka Dot Pattern|
|interior.svg||2.100 x 6.470"H||Beige|
|outside.svg||10.000"W x 7.000"H||Yellow Chevron Pattern|
|bracket.svg||5.000"W x 4.030"H||Pattern Paper|
|scalloped.svg||3.200"W x 3.655"H||Pink Pattern Paper|
- Cake Stand – Cut out and assemble the pedestal from Poplar Street Tulips SVG Kit. (No size alterations were done to the pedestal file.) Set the completed cake stand aside for later.
- Three Tier Cake – Resize box pieces according to chart above. Cut out all the pieces but before assembling the boxes, run the side panels of the small and large boxes through an embossing machine for added interest to the different tiers of the cake. Now assemble as usual. Add pearls or rhinestones to the box sides (I used a criss-cross embossing folder and added pearls on each crossing to create a traditional wedding cake look for the top tier) and then adhere ribbon around each of the box lids. Now you're ready to assemble the cake.
- Cake assembly – Turn all the boxes upside down so that the lids are at the bottom (by doing this, you will get the ribbon look at the bottom of each tier). Start by adhering the small box lid to the medium box bottom. Next adhere the Medium box lid to the large box bottom. Finally, adhere the large box lid directly to the completed cake stand. Stack all the boxes together to form the completed "cake".
- Roses – Resize the roses according to chart above and cut out. Ink the edges of each petal to cover up the white core of the paper before assembling the rose as usual. Adhere roses onto the completed "cake". Cut out leaves according to size chart and add randomly between roses. Keep one rose and one leaf aside to use as embellishments for the card.
- Card – Cut all the pieces for the card as outlined in chart above (No size alterations were done to the card pieces). assemble as usual and adhere the left over rose and leaf with a few pearls. Embellish further as desired.
- Use a hot glue gun to adhere the roses to the cake if you have one. It is a lot quicker than regular glue and makes the boxes a bit sturdier as well.
- By changing up the papers you could make this cake for any occasion. Do it all in white for a perfect bridal gift or do it up in pretty pinks for a little girl's room.
- When using patterned paper for the card, you really don't need a lot of embellishments other than the rose and a couple of pearls to match the cake. But if you feel that you need something else, just look for some cute elements or sentiments on coordinating scraps and add them to the card front for a coordinated look.
I hope you have enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it. With so many different ways to decorate it, this "cake" sure looks good enough to eat!