Remember the days before mobile phones? This retro payphone box would be such a cute gift to send someone on a trip down memory lane. It has loads of compartments so you can fill it with lots of goodies, too.
SVG Collections Used
- AC Cardstock
- DCWV Cardstock
- Scotch quick dry glue
- Heat glue gun
- Glossy Accents
- Perfect Pearls
Payphone Body and Handset
|GIFT BOXES TALL GIFT BOX (PAYPHONE BODY)|
|sides1.svg||8.520"W x 11.130"H||Pattern Paper|
|sides2.svg||8.520"W x 11.130"H||Pattern Paper|
|bottom.svg||8.650"W x 3.990"H||Pattern Paper|
|lid.svg||9.775"W x 9.775"H||Dark Pattern Paper|
|3D LETTERS (HANDSET HOOK)|
|u1.svg||6.070"W x 4.615"H||Dark Pattern Paper|
|u2.svg||6.070"W x 4.790"H||Dark Pattern Paper|
|CALL ME LATER (HANDSET)|
|handset.svg||11.400"W x 11.005"H||Plain Cardstock|
|handsetpanels.svg||7.700"W x 10.755"H||Pattern Paper|
|BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO (TELEPHONE DIAL)|
|dial_bottom.svg||3.200"W x 3.200"H||Pattern Paper|
|dial_middle.svg||3.250"W x 3.920"H||Plain Cardstock|
|dial_top.svg||3.250"W x 3.920"H||Pattern Paper|
|numbers.svg||3.250"W x 0.775"H||Pattern Paper|
|CLARA'S CHRISTMAS EVE NUTCRACKER (TOP BASE)|
|base.svg||7.010"W x 11.755"H||Pattern Paper|
|BIG BOUTIQUE BOXES (SMALL SQUARE FLAT TRIO BOX FOR BOTTOM BASE)|
|sides.svg (cut 4)||11.610"W x 4.570"H||Pattern Paper|
|top.svg||9.995"W x 4.045"H||Pattern Paper|
|MAPLE MANOR (COIN FLAP)|
|house_back.svg||4.940"W x 7.055"H||Pattern Paper|
|basic shape rectangle (with internal offset)||1.015"W x 2.685"H||Dark Pattern Paper|
Payphone Coin Top
|FALL HARVEST INDIAN CORN BOX (COIN SLOT)|
|brown.svg||9.990"W x 4.810"H||Pattern Paper|
|cream.svg||10.215"W x 7.815"H||Pattern Paper|
|brown_rose.svg (cut 2)||6.740"W x 5.040"H||Pattern Paper|
|basic shape circle||0.725"W x 0.725"H|
|basic shape circle||0.670"W x 0.670"H|
|basic shape circle||0.925"W x 0.925"H|
Call Me Sign
|SPIRITS OF CHRISTMAS PAST (FRAMED BUTTERFLY BOX)|
|brown_dark.svg||11.500"W x 11.440"H||Plain Cardstock|
|mat||4.000"W x 6.950"H||Pattern Paper|
|CALL ME LATER (EXTRAS - CALL ME)|
|call_me_bottom.svg||3.7000"W x 3.185"H||Black|
|call_me_top.svg||3.7000"W x 3.220"H||Plain Cardstock|
- Payphone Body and Handset – Cut out and assemble the payphone body and handset as per measurements in table above. (No size alterations were done to the handset file.) Cut u1 and u2 and assemble, adhere to the side of the payphone body with hot glue. Cut and assemble telephone dial according to measurements in table above and adhere to front of payphone body. Cut lid and add on top. Add "telephone cord" of your choice to handset and side of the payphone body. Set the completed body and handset aside for later.
- Payphone Base – Cut and assemble Nutcracker base as per measurements in table above. Un-group sides file and delete bottom side. Now resize top side to measurements as in table above and make 4 copies. Resize box pieces according to chart above. Before cutting, add the flap cut lines from the maple manor house_back file to one of the sides. Do this by un-grouping the house_back file, select the flap cut piece and then add it to the fourth side before cutting it out. (See Image 1 for visual assistance). Glue tabs together and adhere squares on top and bottom to complete the box. Adhere the nutcracker base on top of the box and then adhere the Payphone base on top of that.
- Payphone Coin Top – Cut brown piece from the Indian corn box and assemble as normal. Adhere to the Payphone body lid. Before cutting the cream piece lid, add 3 circles approximately 1.5" from the bottom of the piece to form the coin slots. (See Image 2 below for visual assistance). Once cut out, trim 1" from the bottom of the cream piece and then assemble as usual. Cut and assemble two roses as per measurements in table above and add to the corn box lid.
- Roses – Resize the roses according to chart above and cut out. Ink the edges of each petal to cover up the white core of the paper before assembling the rose as usual. Adhere roses onto the completed "cake". Cut out leaves according to size chart and add randomly between roses. Keep one rose and one leaf aside to use as embellishments for the card.
- Embellishments – After the whole payphone is assembled, make another copy of the flap piece in step two and do two internal offsets to form a little frame to adhere on top of the flap. Cut square frame from basic shapes as per measurements above and add to front left along with a button, pearls or rhinestones to embellish.
- Call me framed box – Cut all the pieces as outlined in chart above. Assemble as usual and adhere the call me elements on top with some pop dots. Add the butterfly, some buttons and brads or any other embellishments as desired.
- Use a hot glue gun to adhere the handset hook to the side of the payphone body if you have one. It is a lot quicker and will hold the weight of the handset better than regular adhesive.
- Play with your twine for a different look and use glossy accents for a bit of gloss and added texture.
- Wrap your ribbon around a dowel stick and secure with two wooden pegs. Then bake in the over on high for about 20 minutes. Once done, let it cool before removing the ribbon from the dowel stick. You will be left with a twirly ribbon which is perfect for a telephone cord.
- Dress up your roses with a bit of ink around the edges and some perfect pearls to make them shine!
This is a fun piece of décor which would be suitable for any gift-giving occasion. It is sure to bring back some good old memories and put a smile on the face of the receiver as well as those around them. Hope you enjoyed the project!