For users of SVGCuts files, workflow is VERY important. Spending less time importing and preparing your files for cutting means spending more time actually assembling your projects. In the video below, we imported all of the necessary files to create the Thanksgiving Box Card from our Autumn Box Cards SVG Kit. The results are as follows:
- Silhouette CAMEO using Silhouette Studio Designer Edition: 3:03
- Users of the Silhouette CAMEO can use Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for a more efficient SVG experience.
- Sizzix eclips2 using eCAL: 2:01
- Cricut Explore using Cricut Design Space: 6:20
Cutting speed is another factor to keep in mind when determining which machine is right for you. In the video below, we cut the Thanksgiving Box Card from our Autumn Box Cards SVG Kit using the default speeds of all three machines. All three machines cut all of the designs perfectly and the results are as follows:
- Silhouette CAMEO using Silhouette Studio Designer Edition: 13:49
- Cricut Explore using Cricut Design Space: 18:12
- Sizzix eclips2 using eCAL: 9:14
For some users, the loudness of the machine is a make or break, especially for the night owls that craft at night. Below are the results of our tests:
- Silhouette CAMEO was the loudest, especially when cutting score lines.
- Sizzix eclips was the second loudest.
- Cricut Explore was the quietest.