This is a project that I have been thinking about for a while. The paper is so fabulous I decided to make a three piece set. Your kitchen is going to look so fabulous with these beautiful Fall projects. I am a quilter (but I love paper more) and I wanted to give non quilters some projects that look quilted. These projects have a quilted look without touching a sewing machine!
SVG Collections Used
Paula's Boutique SVG Collection
Battenburg Lace and Crochet Trim SVG Collection
Lil Peeps Part II Collection
Our Thanksgiving Gathering SVG Collection
Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit
Gourds Galore SVG Collection
Enchanted Autumn SVG Kit
- Bo Bunny Autumn Song Cardstock
- Plain Cardstock
- Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- Pop Dots
- Large LED Flameless Wax Pillar Candle
- 1 Orange Button
- 4 Sparkle Embellishments (Orange)
- Jute Rope
- Brown/Cream Twine
- Permanent Dot Runners
- Peachy Keen Clear Stamp Face Assortment, 6 by 9.75-Inch, (Blushing Bride – Amazon)
|Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit (Tall Card)|
|Enchanted Autumn SVG Kit|
|Battenburg Lace & Crochet Trim SVG Collection (Battenburg Lace)|
|Basic Shape Square (Cut 1)||9.750"wX9.750"h||Cream|
|Basic Shape Square (Cut 12)||1.500"wX1.500"h||Green|
|Basic Shape Rectangle (Cut 32)||1.500"wX8.000"h||Multi|
|Paula's Boutique SVG Collection|
|Battenburg Lace and Crochet Trim SVG Collection|
|Lil Peeps Part II SVG Collection (Hair)|
|Our Thanksgiving Gathering SVG Collection|
|Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit (Crate & Pie Box)|
|Gourds Galore SVG Collection|
|Basic Shape Square (Cut 1)||8.000"wX8.000"h||Green|
|Basic Shape Oblong (Cut 2)||8.000"wX9.000"h||Green|
|Basic Shape Square (Cut 88)||1.000"wX1.000"h||Multi Colors|
|Basic Shape Oval (Cut 1)||1.686"wX2.230"h||Flesh|
Note before you begin: I used Elmer's Craft Bond dot runners to assemble the Table Runner and the Wall Hanging. For some reason when I used glue it curled the paper. The other factor is that you are gluing a lot of squares and it goes very fast using the dot runner. You don't have to completely cover the base's just use liberally before laying the paper on top making sure to not get glue on the open spaces in the design.
- Cut 4 of the Corn Stalk Luminary. Glue all four of them as shown in Mary's video.
- Flatten all 4 of them and glue the inside bottom's together.
- Glue to candle as shown in photo.
- Glue the leaves and acorn together. Use pop dot's to attach to candle.
- Cut 3 12" X 12" cardstock squares. Tape them together, you now have a 12" X 36" base.
- Pencil in a line in the center vertically and horizontally.
- Place the 9.750" square in the center, matching the pencil lines. It will hang over the top and bottom a little bit. Glue the lace to the middle square.
- Next glue the green squares end to end along the long side of the base. Make sure these are placed along the line perfectly. This will prepare the long oblong pieces to fit perfectly. Refer to photo as to how to lay these square "on point" pieces.
- Next lay in the oblong pieces as shown in the photo.
- You are now ready to trim. You will see very small triangles all around the border. Trim the piece until those triangles are gone.
- Tape the base with the square in the center and the 2 oblong pieces on the top and the bottom.
- Stamp and color the face with whatever you have. I used color pencils, you may have markers. That would work fine. If you don't want to use a stamp, look in the Lil Peeps collections. Lots of cute faces!
- To avoid using another kit I just cut the neck with scissors. Refer to photo. Your choice, make it short or tall!
- When you cut the shoe leaf and angel wings remember to cut the pieces making them mirror imaged.
- The "Thankful Hearts" has a layer of 3.0 behind it.
- You are now ready to glue the girl together. I totally assembled mine before attaching to the base. Make sure to leave an opening for her wings when you glue her to the base. Use pop dots for the shoes, the Thankful Hearts sign and the top leaf on the wings. It gives it some great dimension!
- Use glue to attach all of the leaves under the angel's feet. Just a small dot will do.
- Tie a knot on both ends of the jute and glue as shown.
- As you glue the squares together for the wall hanging make sure you carefully place the squares together tightly. I started at opposite ends and went to the middle.
- I have given you my take using the files I have for Fall. Check out the kits you have and make it your own style.
- Make these for different season's. I am already working on Christmas! Think about gift giving too!
- The table runner can be made shorter for a place mat or longer for bigger tables.
I hope you enjoy making these items as much as I did designing them. These projects would be perfect for using up all those little pesky scraps you have. Have fun and be creative and colorful!