I love Christmas! This is a great project for you guys to get a jump start. Maybe a little gift giving? This is a very easy and quick project. I am getting ready to do several and will cut enough pieces as I go to make several at one time.
SVG Collections Used
- Pink Paislee Noel Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
- Scotch Wrinkle Free Glue Stick
- 1 Bottle Cap
- Epiphany Crafts SST-02 Round 14 Studio Tool
- Ephiphany Crafts Clear Bubble Caps-Round
- Pop Dots
|Parkside Row SVG Kit (Lace Gift Box)|
|Back to the Books SVG Kit (Tissue Box Cover)|
|Clara's Christmas Strips SVG Collection (Extras)|
|Elegant Framed Invitation SVG Kit (Classic)|
|Christmas in the Village SVG Collection (Holly)|
- Cut and assemble the tissue box. Cut 2 of the top and glue together, this will make it stronger when you start putting cards in it.
- Cut and assemble the back. (Remove the 2 small slits from the classic_bottom.svg file before cutting.) I cut 4 from cardstock before adding your decorative paper. This will help it stand up better.
- Cut 1 decorative piece and 3 cardstock pieces for the lace bottom. Glue pieces together. Again, it provides strength.
- To attach tissue box to the base run a line of glue on the open end edges and attach to the base. Take extra care to get it centered.
- The font I used for the "Merry Mail" is Amaze. Size the letters 1.250 high and 8.331 width. Weld the letters together before cutting.
- Glue the letters and embellishments to the background and you are finished!
- Use the Wrinkle Free glue when stacking and gluing the Elegant Framed Invitations pieces and the lace bottom (under the box). You can use regular glue but it gets "wavy".
- Use a pop dot where you want dimension. I put a pop dot behind the 1" circle inside the bottle cap.
- Pull the holly forward after it dries. Gives it dimension.
- I used the Epiphany Crafts Studio tool. If you don't have one buttons would be really cute!Hope you enjoy making this project. Have fun with it! This would be a great time to use up Christmas paper scraps and maybe some leftover embellishments.